Tuesday, August 07, 2012

reminder: rob's editing service: poetry manuscript reading, editing, evaluation

For a few years now, I've offered a one-on-one poetry editing/evaluation service, and have decided to expand.

Over the past year or so, I've been offering evaluation, editing and otherwise help with shaping a poetry manuscript for potential publication. I'd be thinking a series of back-and-forths, including notes, questions and revisions. $200 for a manuscript up to 100 pages, or $250 for up to 150 pages.

If you are interested, send me an email at rob_mclennan@hotmail.com.

It has been a while since I've run poetry workshops at Collected Works Bookstore and Coffeebar, but I've run nearly a dozen poetry workshops at the store over the past decade, and run other workshops and manuscript evaluations through my Writer-in-Residence position at the University of Alberta (2007-8), through Encounters with Canada, and as part of the (late, lamented) Ottawa Valley Book Festival, as well as editing numerous books over the years for Broken Jaw Press, Vehicule Press, Insomniac Press and Black Moss Press, and my own Chaudiere Books and above/ground press.

There's always a possibility that I might offer another poetry workshop. Keep an eye either on this space or http://www.bywords.ca/ for future announcements.

No comments: