Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Poetry of Phil Hall, selected with an introduction by rob mclennan (in-progress)


  

A few weeks ago, I signed the contract to edit a critical selected by poet Phil Hall, to appear as part of The Laurier Poetry Series published by Wilfrid Laurier University Press. Exciting, yes? Now, Phil and I are spending the next month or three working on a rough list of selections, before meeting up later in the fall to hammer out a final selection, and then on to our individual essays.

Not that this is the first time I've worked on Phil Hall: see the essay I wrote on his work, or more recently, this review. Or, alternately, there was this (and of course, the short essay on such).

Phil and Ann were nice enough to have us out for lunch back in early May, which allowed he and I to discuss some of the considerations for how we might approach such a collection--although I suspect they really only invited us out so they could meet baby Rose (which we were both okay with).


No comments: